Medical experts from China arrived in the Philippines on Sunday to assist and advise the Philippine government on efforts to address the outbreak of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
In a post on his official Twitter account on Sunday, Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro “Teddy Boy” Locsin Jr. announced the arrival of the Chinese team.
The deployment of the 12-man medical team was announced by China on Thursday, with the main task of providing technical advice on epidemic prevention and control, as well as sharing medical treatment experience.
Members of the Chinese medical team are as follows:
• Mr. Zheng Huiwen Director-General Level Executive Official accompanying the Delegation
• Mr. Weng Shangeng Vice President, The First Affiliated Hospital of Fujian Medical University (FAHFMU)
• Ms. Cai Xiaoying Deputy Director Level Executive Official accompanying the Delegation
• Mr. Zhuo Huichang Associate Chief Physician, Critical Care Medicine, FAHFMU
• Mr. Xiao Xiongjian Physician-in-Charge, Critical Care Medicine, FAHFMU
• Ms. Li Hongru Associate Chief Physician, Department of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Fujian Provincial Hospital (FPH)
• Mr. He Jinyi Nurse, Hospital Infection Management Department, FPH
• Ms. Ye Ling Chief Physician, Clinical Integration of Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine (respiratory), Fujian People’s Hospital Affiliated to Fujian University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (FPHAFUTCM)
• Mr. Lin Guoqing Associate Chief Physician, Internal medicine of Traditional Chinese Medicine, FPHAFUTCM
• Ms. Hou Yangqing Nurse-in-Charge, Critical Care Medicine, FPHAFUTCM
• Ms. Wu Bingshan Deputy Director Technician, Microbiology Laboratory, Fujian Provincial Center for Disease Control and Prevention (FPCDCP)
• Mr. Cai Shaojian Associate Chief Physician, Infectious Disease Control, FPCDCP
Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases spokesperson Karlo Nograles on Saturday said the visit of the 12 Chinese medical experts has been authorized by the government.
Latest available data from the Department of Health (DOH) indicate that as of Saturday, April 4, the Philippines had total confirmed COVID-19 cases of 3,094. This number includes 57 recoveries and 144 deaths.
READ: COVID-19 Dashboard: Summary of Cases in the Philippines
—Jon Viktor Cabuenas/KG, GMA News